Have you ever been in the middle of a discussion at the Thanksgiving table that makes you want to crawl into a little ball and hide under the table? If so, there may be a small part of you that is dreading an awkward run-in with your friends or family:
What am I gonna say when Uncle Larry brings up his spicy political thoughts!?
What about when Aunt Mary tries to get me to join her pyramid scheme that she swears is not a pyramid scheme!?
Grandma is inevitably going to be asking when she’s going to get more grandchildren. Can’t wait.
If you’re heading into this Thanksgiving season and you want to steer conversations in a more positive and encouraging direction, then use these 18 conversation starters as a jumping-off point for conversation!
No more hiding under the table! It can be dusty down there…
How you use these questions are up to you! Maybe just pick a few of your favorites and put them in your Notes app for easy reference when things start going south. Or if ya wanna get wild, print the questions off and put a question at each place setting. Who knows! You might start a new tradition and learn something new about your friends and family.
18 Positive and Non-Cringeworthy Thanksgiving Dinner Conversation Starters
- When you’re feeling particularly fly…. What’s your go-to outfit?
- What’s the Thanksgiving food you’re not ashamed to hog for yourself?
- Tell me the thing you have accomplished this year that you are proud of?
- In this season of life, what are you most grateful for?
- Tell me about someone that has been a solid friend in your life.
- Your calendar is bone dry today. What’s the first thing you wanna do?
- What are the small joys in your day?
- What’s one act of kindness you’ve recently experienced?
- What’s the last thing you bought on Amazon that you HAVE to tell people about?
- Do you have any God-given skills that just come to you?
- What’s the most dope place you have ever visited?
- You have to eat one food for the rest of your life. What is it?
- You’re in a bad mood and need a song to pick you up. What’s that song?
- Do you have a particular smell that brings back positive memories?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Where is the most relaxing place you have been?
- Tell me something I don’t already know about you!
- What is one solid piece of advice that you’ve received?
Finding Hope Every Day
While you and your family are getting together this Thanksgiving, fill your home with positivity and hopeful lyrics. The holidays can be FIRE, but they can also come with anxiety and heartache so no matter the season of life you’re in, bump BOOST to find hope every day. You can even take BOOST with you wherever you go by streaming right now by clicking here to listen. Or you can easily bring BOOST with you by downloading the BOOST App.
What can you expect from listening to BOOST Radio?
BOOST isn’t your typical pop and hip-hop station. Don’t worry, you’ll hear music with great beats that you’ll wanna turn up in the car. The difference, though? This music has meaning.
You’re going to hear DJs that are real people. Laughing. Having fun. And being honest about life.
And you’re going to notice that BOOST leaves you feeling a little better about life in general. A few minutes of listening should leave you feeling hopeful and refreshed.
Yeah, we know that’s a big promise. But don’t just take our word for it, try it yourself!